
[Dad - Please just SKIP today's blog. Thanks.]
Argh! That's what I really want to say about the whole thing! Why is it so difficult to find a bra that perfectly suits my, er..."needs?"
I've read that you should buy a new bra every three to six months because the following changes can trigger a size change:
- You've lost or gained 5 to 7 pounds [check]
- Experienced childbirth or menopause [check and check]
- Changed your diet or exercise regime [yeah, yeah...soon to be check]
- You've had breast implants [this is the only one that doesn't apply to me!]
Ok, admittedly I'm wearing bras older than six months but that doesn't mean I haven't been looking for new ones. I've shopped, bought, and returned nearly eight bras in the last couple of months because they just aren't right. They are either too tight and I have serious back fat happening, or I'm spilling over the cups, or the cups are too big, or the underwire digs, or the lace is too itchy, it's too padded, not padded enough, and/or it looks like something a granny would wear.
I've been to Nordstrom in the past for a complimentary fitting but something gets lost in translation when explaining my needs to the eighteen-year-old sales girl who has not yet experienced herself the state of a post-breast-feeding tit (never mind a post-lumpectomy one)!
I've looked online on how to measure yourself. It goes something like this: measure under the bust, add 4 if it's an odd number or add 5 if it's an even. Now round all fractions to the next whole number (you're starting to lose me...), subtract your age plus six months, add two if it's a full moon, multiply by the size of your foot, and divide by 8. WTF?
I even, almost, called QVC after watching an airing for Breezies Intimates. Desperate times, desperate measures.
These breasts deserve a little TLC after the year-plus they've been through. I guess my search will continue. If anyone has any suggestions on a great place to buy bras, get measured for bras, bra specialty stores, online retailers, anything - I'd greatly appreciate it!
No comments:
Post a Comment