Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I'm Running this B*tch!! Maybe.


Sunday, September 26th is the annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in Newport Beach. This is the second year that I've organized a team. It's a fun day with friends and family and is truly inspirational to see so many breast cancer survivors. I'm really looking forward to it!

Last year, I had hoped to run (ha ha ha ha ha! me? run? ha ha ha!). I attempted a training program but aborted the mission quickly after having had surgery to remove my portable catheter (for chemo, not for pee). Anyhow, I used that as my excuse to stop training.

Though this year, my husband has encouraged me to train again. And how can I say no? He completed his first marathon this year. I can manage a 5K, right?

After reading about the amazing @amberpagewrites and her completion of the From Couch to 5K training program, I decided to give it a whirl!


Posing before my first "run" (er, jog...er, I'm walking longer than actually jogging but I'm trying!). And damn, does my ass hurt!

7 comments:

Christina Berry said...

I ran my first (and so far ONLY) 5k about 3 years ago. Like you, my thought was, "what? Me, run?" But I did it, and I lived to tell about it. Good luck to you! I think it's great you're doing this!

Wendy said...

Thanks Chrissy! You're always in my corner and I love ya for it! Wish we could go out for a grape slush!

Keagan said...

Good luck! I know a few people who have tried that program and loved it! Plus, there's nothing like the feeling of finishing that race....enjoy your training!

Stay at Home Babe said...

That's amazing! I only run if something large and hungry is chasing me!!

erica said...

I did the Couch to 5K.... all the way up to a half marathon! I didn't think I could ever do it, but the program is really easy.

That was like, 2 years ago... and I SOOO need to do the program again.

Good Luck, you can do this!

Witchy Crazy Mommy said...

I forgot how much I love running (jogging and walking in my case) I'm rooting for you! Good luck!

Amber Page Writes said...

How's the training going? Have you reached the "good lord, kill me now," point yet? When you do, just keep on going, and it gets better.