Here's the deal: I've fallen off the vegetarian wagon!
I'm eating chicken again. And last weekend I might have had a moment of weakness and had a sausage with my pasta. And a corn dog. I'm certain my friend MB is gagging out right now!
I had to add chicken back in because I was feeling really crappy - low energy, light headed. I thought maybe I wasn't getting enough protein. I'm sticking with the chicken for now until I figure out how much protein I need.
So, here is the last "Why Not Try it This Week?" until I figure out what I'm gonna do about my diet!
I last blogged about this recipe: Black beans and brown rice. It was pretty good but cooking those beans made my house reek for days!
The base for cooking the beans.
Rinsing the beans
The rice had great taste but, as usual, it was cooked all the way!
The toddler version
Not bad overall, but it might have been tastier over chopped lettuce instead.
1 comment:
Wendy, that looks delicious. I'm with you, trying to get chicken out of my diet would be a nightmare. I just do my best to buy free-range chicken that isn't pumped full of hormones.
Post a Comment