I'm super passionate about this blog. I find it to be a great creative outlet for me. But I feel like I've been all over the board in terms of its content. Yes, I am raising a toddler. And yes, I am a cancer survivor. But woman cannot blog about these two things alone! It's not all of who I am - a big part, yes - but not everything.So, I'm kicking off the new year with some structure. I'm hoping it will keep me organized and I'm also hoping it will keep you coming back regularly to see what's happening and to offer some input!
First on the docket: my adventures in vegetarianism (two months today, in fact). Every Sunday night or Monday morning look for a vegetarian recipe from one of the six, yes six, veggie cookbooks I got for Christmas! I'm gonna call it "Why Not Try it This Week?" I will then prepare that recipe and post the results the following week. A little inspiration from a recent viewing of "Julie & Julia."
Next: "Toddler Intervention" This is where I need you, people! I'm reading the so-called expert books but I haven't come up with any great solutions on how to handle my adorable, yet really stubborn, toddler! I'm dealing with "NO" in response to everything these days, running away from me and not stopping when I yell stop, and her down-right ignoring of me when she is asked to do something.
Cancer Updates: Hey, let's face it...it's always going to be a part of me. I'm currently seeing at least one doctor a month for some sort of cancer-related issue. I feel strongly that if we don't talk about it then we can't learn more about it. I'm here to tell you some of the dirty, ugly details I am and will have to deal with in the next year and I'm hoping that someone who reads this might have some personal experience to share or at least know someone who might thus making this road a little easier to travel on.
Latest obsession/project/nagging to-do: It seems I've always got something on the burner. Now that the holidays are over, I'm looking at a three week countdown before my daughter's second birthday and I've convinced myself I have to throw a kickin' shin dig. I'll keep you posted on the planning and preparation! We're also itching - big time - to start a few home improvement projects. Where to start?!
One of my resolutions this year is to work on health through exercise and diet. These things have been very difficult for me the last year as I'm physically exhausted (long term side effects of chemo and radiation) and that my joints feel like that of an 80-year-old woman (more side effects from medication). I'm gonna call this one "Recovery Road" (cheesy, right?). I feel if I blog about it then I'll stay accountable. First stop on Recovery Road: dialing it back on the treats I've enjoyed over the holiday season...oh hell, since Halloween...er, Valentine's Day?
I hope this sounds as exciting to you as it is to me! Thanks for checking in and I'll see you in a few days with my first recipe!
3 comments:
great new look Wendy and a amazing read thanks for putting me on to blogging Love Mom
love the new look and new directions. I will be reading with interest. I haven't eaten red meat for years, but have been reading up on vegetarianism (and vegan diets) and am seriously thinking of cutting out animal products from my diet (though this may be in stages. Will be especially looking out for your fave new recipes.
And in relation to the toddler stuff - I think I read Buddhism for Mothers by Sarah Napthali when my kids were about toddler stage. I found it really helpful - especially with being in the moment and paying attention to how I was feeling and how that affected the kids' behaviour. Maybe you'd like it too.
It does, I am not a vegetarian, but I have a super good friend who is and we can enjoy meatless meals around here, looking forward to it!! Also, toddlerhood is oh so .... testing. =) I'm glad that moms can stick together on this!!
Post a Comment