That's what I kept repeating to myself as the DVD was loading! Today was my first experience with the Shred! I've heard about this workout for some time now as one of my Facebook friends is a loyal "shredder." Plus, after the new year, I saw a ton of "shredding" support groups pop up all over my favorite blogs.

I bought the DVD about two weeks ago and just would rather be lazy instead of actually opening it up and working out. But today, randomly, I told myself I was going to shred while Miss Thang napped. And I did!
About to half-ass it, I thought I'd forgo putting my tennis shoes on and opt out on using weights. Then I heard the old saying in my head..."When a task is once begun, never leave it 'till it's done. Be the labor, great or small, do it well or not at all" and I got both my shoes and the weights.
The warm up was nice and gentle. Then came the jumping jacks and a mental note: wear sports bra next time. I wimped out and totally did "girl" push-ups. My hands just cannot take that kind of pressure - serious joint pain from the medication I take. The jump roping and butt-kicks - in fact, all the cardio - practically killed me. I did enjoy the weight training and even the ab work!
A confession: I watched the clock on the DVD player the entire time. And, I did half-ass some of the moves. It was my first time, cut me some slack!
Getting ready to get my "Shred" on!
Don't you love our dog snoozing in the background?
I didn't hate the workout and I'm certain I'll do it again tomorrow. And best of all, Jillian doesn't yell at you!
11 comments:
I half-assed some of the workouts too... haha And I totally did girl push-ups. I did day 2 today... SO sore! haha
I have had this DVD for around a month now and have yet to pop it in - maybe tomorrow?!
i've never heard of this shredding trend but i love jillian. i don't like being yelled at either but she seems to have a genuine way about her, even when she yells, unlike other trainers who seems to do it for the sake of it.
anyway, good luck with her.
stopping by from Australia and SITS
Let me tell ya, I have been "shredding" for 13 days now. I have only missed 2 days (my kids had the flu) and I am still loving the workout! I still have yet to move onto level 2 though. And it definitely is not easy for me to complete level 1. It's the damg pushups that just wear me out. I am definitely seeing results though, so keep with it! You will be glad you did (:
Let me tell you all: I'm SORE!
@Kate - thanks for popping in!
o.m.g. I can't believe I put that photo of me on there in a tank top. yikes!
Give yourself a break, half-assed is better than not at all. Jillian scares me a little bit!
I totally wimp out when I work out at home. I need to try the Shred though.
And I could have never done it without not one, but two sports bras. These bajungas are huge post-baby.
At least you opened the package and did it! I haven't even made it that far!!
I had to laugh at your comment about watching the clock. I'm been working out for 8 years and I *still* watch the clock :)
Good luck, people really love the Shred.
I gave you some props on my blog yesterday... I do love your blog!
Post a Comment