31 questions to be answered daily during the month of December.
Another ten questions for today. I'll take Christmas day off and I'll be back over the weekend with my answers for the remaining eleven questions (wait...is that right? math was never my strong suit).
11) The best place: A nook, a pub, a coffee shop?
Camp Jack, Laguna Beach, California. It's a great get-away where the kids can play and friends can relax and chat over hot tea!
12) New Food?
Since going vegetarian about six weeks ago, I've discovered that I really enjoy beans much more than I ever thought I did! I am digging them in salads and in burritos. Good stuff!
13) What's the best change you've made to the place you live?
This is a tie. First, we replaced an old slider door with new french doors and it's quite lovely. The second is the new patio furniture we purchased last winter. It's like indoor furniture for the outdoors. I hope to get more use out of it next spring and summer!
14) Rush: When did you get the best rush this year?
This is a really hard question! Sadly, rushes were few and far between this year. Makes me think I need to work on that in 2010. I'll let you in on a little secret...I do get a little, tiny rush when I see either a "friend" request on facebook or when someone signs up to follow my blog!
15) Best packaging: Did your headphones come in a sweet case? See a bottle of tea in another country that stood off the shelves?
These questions are so random, aren't they? Well, let's see...[racking my brain]...oh, yes! Kleenex put out some really cute boxes of tissues this year that featured monkeys and flowers and guitars with skulls and crossbones. I saw them at a friend's house and ran out later that week to Target to get my very own!
16) Tea of the Year: I can taste my favorite tea right now. What is yours?
Yogi Green Tea Super Antioxidant. Yogi teas are so delicious! I find they are far more reasonably priced at Henry's, Trader Joe's and Mother's Market rather than the regular old grocery store.
17) Word or phrase: A word that encapsulates your year. "2009 was _____."
2009 was exhausting. I am in a constant battle with being tired. I usually don't get out of bed until I have to (read: Audrey's calling me to come get her from her crib) and somedays I will nap when she does. I have noticed the last few months have been better and that's a sign that I'm getting my energy back after all I've put my body through this year.
18) Shop: Online or offline, where did you spend most of your mad money this year?
Can you say Tar-Zhay? Everything from diapers and well, diapers. I love that store! It's even better when there is a Starbucks inside!
19) Car ride: What did you see? How did it smell? Did you eat anything as you drove there? Who were you with?
We recently drove to Santa Barbara and it was really nice. It was Thanksgiving day and I had expected a ton of traffic but we sailed smoothly stopping off near Calabasas for lunch. Of course, my husband and I, drank coffee on the way there (and the way home) - we're such coffee drinkers, only because we can barely tolerate each other until each of us has had some caffeine! The sun glistening off the ocean was beautiful.
20) New person. She came into your life and turned it upside down. He went out of his way to provide incredible customer service. Who is your unsung hero of 2009?
I'm so blessed to have had several unsung heroes this year! Team McLovin and its supporters - this was the team of family and friends put together to support the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in September. It was such a great day to have new and old friends come out and support my fight and to raise money to find a cure for breast cancer. My husband for sticking by me during a very tough year, playing nursemaid to his wife and being super dad to his daughter. The baristas at Starbucks who recognize me and say "your hair looks cute today" or making me laugh after nearly having a mom meltdown in the parking lot. Several neighbors who dropped off tons of pink Yoplait lids. And for you all who read my blog!
Ten more down...check back after Christmas for the final questions!
Thanks to Kelly for turning me onto this challenge!
1 comment:
awesome review Wendy keep those challenges coming in 2010.
Post a Comment