31 questions to be answered daily during the month of December.
The final questions and answers!
21) Project: What did you start his year that you're proud of?
Two things come to mind: 1) my blog. It's a fantastic creative outlet for me. It can get time consuming and I've spent several late nights writing new posts just to delete them but I find it totally rewarding nonetheless! 2) Creating Team McLovin and recruiting almost 60 family and friends to come out on a cold, foggy, and early Sunday morning to walk nearly three miles all in favor for breast cancer research!
22) Startup: What's a business that you found this year that you love? Who thought it up? What makes it special?
Did anyone startup anything in 2009? I don't have an answer for this question!
23) Web took? It came into your work flow this year and now you couldn't live without it. It has simplified or improved your online experience.
OMG...Facebook application for iPhone. I just got on the FB train earlier this year and I love it. I was always on the computer FB'ing until my husband told me there was an app for it. Now, I'm always on the couch (in the car, out shopping, on a play date, at Disneyland, getting my hair colored...) with my iPhone FB'ing!
24) Learning experience: What was a lesson you learned this year that changed you?
I'm a big believer in "you get what you give" and in my passive-aggressive ways I took to Facebook one day and posted that exact saying in status update. A friend replied back "and sometimes you get back more than you give." She is right!
25) Gift. What's a gift you gave yourself this year that has kept on giving?
A real splurge -- a monthly membership to Massage Envy! Which reminds me...time to schedule this month's massage! Ahh, heaven!
26) Insight or aha! moment: What was your epiphany of the year?
My aha! moment of 2009 was putting down on paper my top three values and how I've been neglecting them. Realizing that running errands or cleaning the house really shouldn't be top priorities and instead taking my daughter to the park, reading a book together, or watching her dump water from cup to cup is far more important and soul satisfying than anything.
27) Stationery. When you touch the paper, your heart melts. The ink flows from the pen. What was your stationery find of the year?
I do love stationery and find something really special about a handwritten letter. I try to always send thank you cards and invitations instead of emails or evites. One of my favorite stores is Paper Source at South Coast Plaza. Really cool cards and notes there!
28) Social web moment: Did you meet someone you used to only know from a blog? Did you discover Twitter?
Like I mentioned before, I found Facebook this year so that was a biggie for me. I'm holding out on Twitter. Maybe in 2010.
29) Laugh: What was your biggest belly laugh of the year?
How sad to only narrow it to one! Luckily, I feel like I laugh a lot - especially with a toddler who can say the funniest things sometimes! So I'm choosing a more recent occasion that she had me laughing out loud:
A commercial for Target comes on the television showing Santa running through the parking lot to do some last minute shopping. She points to the T.V. and says "Santa!" I tell her that he's going shopping. She replies "at Toys R Us!" I tell her no and tell her he's going to Target. She nods her head and says "for Ariel wipes" (we buy Huggies diaper wipes with Ariel on the package there). I cracked up!
30) Ad. What advertisement made you think this year?
It was a Nike ad promoting Lance Armstrong's participation in the Tour de France. It showed several people going through radiation treatment - this was either the same time I was doing mine or close to it. It made me feel really positive about the work he is doing for cancer research!
31) Resolution you wise you'd stuck with. (You know, there is always next year...)
Exercising and healthy living. Hands down.
It was really fun reviewing the year this way! I hope you spend a little time reflecting on your own 2009 and get ready to set and accomplish some big goals in 2010. I know I am!
Thanks to Kelly for turning me onto this challenge!
No comments:
Post a Comment