
Post-Op Top designs comfortable and fashionable apparel for post-op breast cancer patients.
The Michele, above, retails for $36.95 and comes in 14 different colors.
Who wants to even think about getting dressed or looking presentable after having breast surgery. Frankly, I wanted to lay around in my jammies all day - and I think I did for about a week until I realized that I couldn't stand the smell of myself any more!
See, dressing oneself after having a lumpectomy or mastectomy can be quite difficult and downright unfashionable. For one, it is almost impossible to lift your arms over your head. Plus, you have these drains hanging from you, like, well...testicles. Most end up wearing some old button-down shirt because you don't have to pull it over your head and it's loose enough to hide your drains.
Two sisters from Orange County, one a breast cancer survivor, designed several comfy and fashionable tops for women recovering from breast surgery. Post-Op Tops feature button-up styles and even styles you can step into and pull up thus limiting the wrangling it might take to get into a regular shirt. They also offer pockets that can be added to the inside seams to hold drains in place so they aren't dangling at your sides!
Tops range in price from $36 to $45, come in a variety of styles and colors, and sizes from small to 2X. Check it out for yourself at Post-Op Top!
No comments:
Post a Comment