
Yes. It hurts.
It was one year ago today that I experienced my first mammogram. It was also one year ago today that I found out I had breast cancer. I've been a little concerned the last few days about how this anniversary would affect me. Instead of letting it take control of me, I've decided to take control of it!
My plan is as follows: I'm going to make a special pumpkin pancake breakfast for my daughter and then we'll hit our Thursday morning mommy-n-me dance class where we'll gallop around like a horse and sing "If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands." Next, we'll head down to Costa Mesa to the Susan G. Komen office to donate my "gently" (er... never worn) wig to their wig salon. I will do a little dance in the parking lot and sing "Goodbye, Farewell!" [All kidding aside, I do genuinely hope that someone who needs it, finds it there]. From Costa Mesa, we'll cruise back to the 'hood and hit Golden Spoon for a celebratory yogurt! Finally finishing the afternoon off with a nice, quiet nap and last night's Top Chef episode!
Don't you think it sounds like a perfect day? It's certainly a better one than last year!
In Memory of Marilyn DeCarlo.
No comments:
Post a Comment