Healthy Child Healthy World is a non-profit organization working hard to raise awareness and inspiring parents, educators, and health professionals to take action in creating a greener environment for child and their families!
The Healthy Child Healthy World Home Party is a great way to spread the word and educate friends and family about eliminating toxins from the home and the foods we consume. The Healthy Home Party kit is presented by LUNA Bars and Klean Kanteen with coupons and samples from Activeion, Earth Friendly Products, EAT CLEANER, Yes to Carrots!, HAPPYBABY, Organic Valley, Plum Organics, Clif Kid, and Seventh Generation. Click here if you are interested in throwing you're own Healthy Home Party!
I hosted my own Healthy Home Party a few weeks back inviting several friends and their kids over for a combination learn and play date. I thought I would have to beg - because really, who wants to hear about non-toxic cleaning and personal products on any given Friday afternoon? But, I didn't have to beg at all and ended up with a great turnout of interested mamas!
I set out the free items Healthy Child Healthy World sent to me which included Clif Kid Organic Twisted Fruit, LUNA Bars, and Revolution Foods Organic Mashups! They also sent plenty of coupons for these items and more, so I was sure to set those out for my guests as well!
In addition to the healthy snacks, the Healthy Home Party kit included a variety of non-toxic cleaning supplies from Seventh Generation and ECOS. Yes to Carrots supplied a full size bubble bath and a few coupons which I used to pick up a tube of their carrot body lotion, shampoo, conditioner and a lip gloss! Keep reading, you'll see why I bought more of those further down!
We snacked on grown up grilled cheese sandwiches, fresh fruit and veggies, and I made a delicious salad of baby greens, strawberries, walnuts, and goat cheese from a recipe found in an Earthbound Farm Organic guide. Make this salad -- it's SO good!
I couldn't possibly keep all these great products to myself...well, maybe I could have but I wanted my guests to take home a quality, non-toxic product to try for themselves. I used coupons from Yes to Carrots and Seventh Generation to help round out a great giveaway!
Jenni checking out the Earthbound Farm recipes. She also took home the Seventh Generation giveaway!
Aimee took home the Yes to Carrots products!
Dori took home the ECOS variety pack!
The Healthy Child Healthy Home Party was a great success! I think we learned a little something about creating a cleaner and greener environment for our children with great products to eat and use in our homes and on our bodies. The biggest and best lesson I learned from this party and the Healthy Child Healthy World organization is that making only ONE change will make a difference!
What are YOU doing to make a difference?
Leave me a comment about how you are making changes to create a cleaner, greener, healthier environment for your children, family, or community and you'll be entered to win your very own swag bag that my guests took home! Be sure to add your email, blog address, or Twitter handle so I can notify you of your win!
Discloser: I did not receive any compensation from Healthy Child Healthy World or any of the sponsors of the Healthy Home Party for writing this post. The Healthy Home Party kit was sent free in exchange for hosting a party and writing about it here at Like My Baby. Plus, I really like and use most of these products anyway!
3 comments:
We bike, scooter, walk whenever possible. So much so that the kids often ask "why are we driving?" We bring our own bags and save the plastic that the newspaper comes in or the plastic bags from bread or other grocery products and use them as poop bags. We compost - this SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the amount put in our trash can. We carry our own water bottles - yes, my backpack is pretty heavy - and will sometimes use our bottle at the restaurant instead of asking for a water cup. I read labels and buy organic and locally grown/manufactured products. Ok, will stop babbling now.
Looks like fun! Wish I could swing buy your place for a visit too!
Looks like an awesome party! Wish I could have been there. :)
Post a Comment