Thursday, April 29, 2010

ReTweet: Twitter Challenged!

Thanks to the wonderful Chrissy at Life's Not Always Fireflies and Hummingbirds for giving me a Twitter tutorial!


I basically had no idea how Twitter worked and I had a ton of questions. Chrissy filled me in! Read her responses below:

1 COMMENTS:

Chrissy said...

I'm just now reading this, as I have been out of town all week. Don't give up on Twitter!

1) Yes, there's an app! I love Tweetie! It's not free, but in my opinion it's the best one out there!

2) I have both a facebook and a twitter account. I use them differently. Facebook has been a great way to re-connect with long lost friends as well as family and work collegues. What I do on FB is typically very "professional". On Twitter, I'm much more likely to let my hair down and be myself. I complain about things, share secrets, even swear sometimes. Lol. It's just a different place for me.

3) You will find more and more followers, the longer you are on twitter. When I first starting using it, a year ago, I was like you. I wondered what the point was of having 2 different accounts with the same friends on both accounts. But over time, I've made new friends on Twitter, and I follow a lot of celebs, musicians, local businesses, etc. Oh! And another thing - typically on FB, I only friend people I know in "real life". On Twitter, I'm a lot more likely to friend strangers.

4) When you reply to someone's tweet, it shows up on YOUR page but they can also see it if they look at their @ replies. For example, click over right now to your twitter home page. Look in the column on the right. Right underneath the word "Home", you should see @LikeMyBaby. Click on that and you'll be able to see all replies that have been made to you.

5) ANY tweet can get re-tweeted. I tend to re-tweet things that I find moving, because I want to share them with my friends. I also re-tweet things from local businesses, for example, if I want to share with (local) friends that a neighborhood business is having a sale.

1 comment:

Christina Berry said...

Aw! It was my pleasure! Glad to see you over on Twitter! :)