Friend Makin Monday presented by Amber at {ae filkins} asks: Did you watch the Super Bowl?

If so, who were you rooting for?
Yes, I did...well, sort of. I didn't make it to the Super Bowl party until after halftime because I was at home waiting for my sick two-year-old to take a nap. As she played in her crib, I watched a Lifetime movie (one that wasn't very good...you'd think they'd have some kind of great marathon on for women who didn't want to watch football). Anyway..
I was rooting for the New Orleans Saints! I like rooting for the underdog. And I like that the Saints were almost undefeated this season. I also like Drew Brees because he seems like a totally normal stand up kind of guy. Plus, I think the city of New Orleans really, really needed something to celebrate! And, we're USC homers and Reggie Bush went to USC.
I was a little torn though because in addition to watching "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" I also watch "Kendra" and I think Kendra's husband, Hank Baskett - an Indianapolis Colt - is quite charming and really likable. So, I wanted to root for the Colts too - for his sake, but found it more fun to cheer for a team that had never even played in the big game before today!
The House of Fettig. They've hosted the last couple of years and we're always thankful to be invited!
What did you eat?
Yum...home made chili (I ate around the meat), various chips and dips, and a cookie! I passed on all the yummy chicken wings, pigs in a blanket, cupcakes, and wine.
Favorite Super Bowl Commercial?
I didn't see one! Well, that's not true. I kept seeing the one with the baby sitting at the computer but couldn't hear what was being said. So, I guess I missed out on the funny. Or maybe the funny is a baby sitting at a computer. I don't know. Also, I kept seeing Barney from "How I Met Your Mother" holding up a sign with his phone number. But I don't know if that was a commercial for his show, or CBS, or something else.
Least Favorite?
I guess I don't have one since I didn't see many of them!
What did you think about Halftime?
I only saw a few seconds of the Who perform. And it was the "CSI" theme song - I'm sure the CBS executives were loving that promotion!
Who do you wish would have been on the Halftime show?
I haven't really watched a Halftime show since Prince performed four years ago (he played Foo Fighters' "Best of You" and it was fantastic!). Um, Lady Gaga (but too risky, another wardrobe malfunction perhaps), U2 (safe), Bon Jovi (safe and a crowd pleaser - who doesn't love "Livin' on a Prayer?"), Taylor Swift (I don't know about mass appeal though), Gwen Stefani (again, wrong audience), Kid Rock, oooh...Pearl Jam (but would that be considered "selling out"? Nah, Target used one of their songs in a commercial a few months back), or maybe Jay-Z?
Now, pop on over and check out what Amber's got going on!
But before you do that, please know that I'll be back later with "Why Not Try it This Week?", a review of my six-month visit with my radiation doctor, the hassle of buying a compression sleeve and what I need it for, details from our night without a toddler (it's PG, folks, settle down), a look into what kind of mom I want to be, and I hope to participate in Mama's Losin' It Writer's Workshop this week too!
7 comments:
I never watch commercials, mostly they are over rated.
Happpy FMM
Congrats on your team winning! Hope all is going well with your health. This is my first time here. Nice to meet you.
I was rooting for the Saints. I didn't see hardly any of the Super Bowl Commercials either. I wasn't really into the game as much as I thought I would be.
Happy FMM! Stopping by to say hello, you have a beautiful family!
I am visiting from Makin Friends Monday. Thanks for sharing your journey.
Blessings.
I would vote for Taylor Swift at halftime. I think she could rock it, and who cares about mass appeal :) She appeals to at least 2 of us--LOL!! FFM visitor.
Let me just say this. I ate cheese and sugar for dinner while kind of watching/chasing kids the super bowl. At our friends' house in Arizona.
Post a Comment