Sunday, January 24, 2010

Friend Makin Monday!

Does this happen to you? I tell my husband before we hit the nest that "I'm just going to check in on a few blogs I follow" and three hours later I finally climb into bed!

I always stop in on Amber at {ae filkins}. She's so sweet. She's a "Shredder" and has convinced me to be one too (well, I've bought the DVD but it's still in its packaging! Tomorrow, I'll do it tomorrow!) She's funny and honest. I adore her! Please pop in on her blog!

Right now, she's got posted "Friend Makin Monday" and "The Simple Woman's Daybook" - a little, gettin' to know you kind of questionnaire. I like those kinds of things so I thought I'd partake.

Here we go:

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window... I can see two small lights from the houses across the street. Both equal in size, I wonder where exactly they are coming from. I need a better look and then I realize it's just the house numbers glowing in the dark. My neighbors at 51 and 53, nice people...I wish we knew them better. I wish we had a neighborhood where everyone knows everyone else names and all the kids played until the street lights came on. We all could hang out and drink wine, talk about the news or current events. Laugh together. Share holidays together. Instead, we wave or nod as we drive by and that's about as friendly as we get.

I am thinking... that I should give my husband more credit than I have been. He made some extremely valid points today when we discussed our different parenting styles, and though I may not have agreed with everything he said..

I am thankful... he is an active parent!

I am praying... daily, in such detail, that cancer is gone from my body. I ask that my blood, my tissues, my organs, from my toes to my fingers, and every where else, be free from cancer.

I am reading... nothing really right now. I am still waiting for this month's book club selection. I have several books I've been meaning to read but still haven't gotten to those yet. And I just picked up the February issue of Martha Stewart Living (great article on scrap booking).

I am creating... a Valentine's Day party extraordinaire! Well, not really so much. I decided to ditch the Tinkerbell birthday party extraordinaire because the family party we had this past weekend was "enough" for the two-year-old birthday girl. But, I still wanted her to party with her friends so I decided to have a Valentine party and maybe we'll throw a little "Happy Birthday" sing-a-long in there too.

From the kitchen... left over marble cake with vanilla bean custard and buttercream frosting is calling my name.

Around the house... lays piles of toys and laundry. I think I might get fired from my job as a SAHM!

One of my favorite things... watching terrible made-for-Lifetime t.v. movies. I watched the last 45 minutes of one today. I didn't care that it was almost over because it had Sidney from "Melrose Place" and she was being stalked by someone. I was hooked. Oh my God, throw in Tori Spelling or Kellie Martin and I'll even set the Tivo for it!

A few plans for the rest of the week... gymnastics, ballet, and art class for the little one. Maybe lunch with an old friend. A "Mom's Night Out" event. And a date night with my husband on Saturday!

19 comments:

Kenlie said...

I'm so glad I found your blog! I'm a shredder too...on day 24. I love to scrapbook as well...just saying.

Happy FMM! I'll definitely be back to read more..

Katie Lane said...

LOL!! You are funny, I like your blog :) I hope your prayers get answered and your cancer goes away, I'll be praying for you as well.

That left over marble cake with vanilla bean custard and buttercream frosting sounds divine - much better than my soup for breakfast.

Meghan said...

What's happening "around the kitchen" sounds good!

Unknown said...

I will be praying with you for your cancer. LOL I too watch bad tv movies watched pregancy pact last night. Happy FMM!

Sandy said...

I wish I had that kind of neighborhood too! the kids do play at my house until the street lights come on and I have to chase them home, but the parents never come out! It's kind of sad!

Have a great day!

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

You've got a busy week ahead. That Valentine's party sounds like fun! My youngest turns a year on Wednesday, and my middle will be 5 on the 23rd of February. Throw my MIL's birthday in between AND Valentine's, and I kind of wish we could combine a few parties ;)

I will keep you in prayer regarding the cancer.

shortmama said...

I am so sorry for your struggles with cancer and pray that you are in fact cancer free!

Moms night out and a date night with the hubs sound like great upcoming events! Happy FMM!!

~Kristen~ said...

Happy Friend Makin Monday! Visiting from Amber's blog. This was my first time taking part in this! :-)

Sara said...

Have fun on your date night and getting out! I also need to give my Husband more credit!
Have a great day
Sara

Rhonda said...

Hi, it's nice to meet you. I'm coming over for FMM. That is wonderful you are cancer-free! The Valentine party sounds like a great idea!

Have a happy Monday!

Anonymous said...

Your Husband sounds like a nice guy!

I hope you get your prayer. Sending up good thoughts for you.

The Marble cake sounds AMAZING!!

Happy FMM!

Amber Filkins said...

Oh girl, you are so sweet! Thank you for the kind comments.

Yes, I do the SAME thing to my hubby. "I'll be right there". Then, um, like an hour goes by. Hmm.

I'm also praying that your cute self is 100% cancer free! ForEVER! In Jesus' name!

Your daughter is in gymnastics, ballet & art class? How does she do? How does she like them? I have to admit, I've never even put my 8 year old into ANYthing. How awful. But I want to put both girls into something. We're starting with a toddler story time at the library. :) Hey, it's free!!

Marcia said...

the blog looks wonderful and you have been so creative with all your post: they tell so much about yourself and your family. Love em

Have you ever thought about having a blog book made: They creat them at the cutesblogontheblock. Put all your post and pictures in a book would be such a cool thing for Audrey to look back on. I would love to gift you one if you dont want to put the cost out. Love Mom ps B-day pictues and Audrey with her ballet gear on I'm sure she looks darling need asap to finish this last years DVD should be ready by valentines day

Too Tired Tesa said...

The cake sounds delcious. I can practically picture it. Sounds like you have a great week planned, have fun!

Mrs. Wright said...

Great answers- I love marble cake!! Happy FMM!

Heather said...

I sometimes feel I may get fired from my job as a SAHM too! It's sooooo easy to get caught up reading blogs and watching Lifetime!!

Unknown said...

Great answers! That cake sounds so yummy! Hope you have a great week. Happy Friend Makin' Monday.

Jodi said...

So sorry to hear that you're battling cancer. I admire your strength!

J.J. said...

I must be behind. Everyone is creating Valentine's stuff. I'll get right on that.

Also that cake does sound WONDERFUL!

I am glad to read that you are cancer-free. I just lost a friend in December to a brain tumor and am still not over that. I even wrote about it in my blog. Hugs to you...I cannot even imagine how you feel. Especially to have been diagnosed so soon after having your precious little one.

Well I hope I didn't bring you down...just wanted to give you a hug and tell you that I admire your strength. :) I'll be praying for you!