
Did I tell you all that I've been "flirting" with vegetarianism?
Three weeks ago, after reading "The Kind Diet" by Alicia Silverstone, I decided to give going vegetarian a try. She says that flirting is "making no commitments" and "remaining positive and open to possibility." So this is what I've been doing in regard to vegetarianism and it's been great so far!
I'll let you know if I commit come December.
The other night, me and two girlfriends saw "Precious" [sidenote: a must see, Oscar worthy, bring tissues] and afterwards popped into the Veggie Grill. I was a little perplexed because a lot of the menu items are made with soy and soy is a no-no for this girl. I settled on the Baja Fiesta salad and an order of Sweetheart fries. OMG. They were both so delish! The Baja Fiesta salad had chunks of avocado and papaya with roasted corn salsa and cilantro topped off with Quinoa ("keen-wa") and a ginger-papaya vinaigrette. The Sweetheart fries are just sweet potato fries with an awesome chipotle ranch dipping sauce. So good!
I couldn't resist trying a couple bites of the Chill Out Wings with BBQ sauce. I was thinking "this isn't chicken?" Instead it's a "specially seasoned and marinated veggie protein blend." Doesn't sound the most appetizing but believe me, try it!
I think I'll go back regardless of being a veggie or not. At least for those Sweetheart fries! Yum!
1 comment:
I'm salivating pavlovian style for that salad!
Post a Comment