"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain"
Louisa May Alcott, 1873
The Kind Diet, Alicia Silverstone
Yes, that Alicia Silverstone. It's a diet/cookbook featuring vegetarian, vegan, and macrobiotic recipes. A good part of it is why she has chosen a vegan and macrobiotic lifestyle. So far, very interesting. I'm even "flirting" with the idea of going vegetarian. Silverstone suggests that flirters - those who are open to possibility but reserve the right to walk away - commit to at least four weeks to start and go from there. I'll keep you posted.
Julie and Julia: My Year of Cooking Dangerously, Julie Powell
A movie I really wanted to see but going out to a movie is few and far between with a toddler. So, I opted for the book. By the time I get to the book the movie will be out on DVD!
I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell, Tucker Max
This is the selection for my book club this month. It just arrived from Amazon today and I have until December 3rd to finish before we discuss it at our next meeting!
You Can Adopt, Susan Caughman and Isolde Motley
Saw one of the authors on Martha Stewart. Looking forward to getting more information on adoption. Perhaps an avenue for us later down the road.
The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For?, Rick Warren
The first of two religion-themed books I've purchased in the last six months. Just trying to get a grasp on the bigger picture.
The Case for Faith: A Journalist Investigates the Toughest Objections to Christianity, Lee Strobel
The second religion book. A recommendation from a trusted friend who understands both my resistance and desire to learn more about Christianity.
The Lovely Bones, Alice Sebold
Yet another soon-to-be-released movie but I've wanted to read this for years and just recently picked it up.
The Happiest Toddler on the Block, Dr. Harvey Karp
This should be at the top of my reading list! I've got a pretty happy toddler but I'm just doing it day-to-day, trying to find my own way. Guess I'm doing something right!
What are you reading and why?
1 comment:
Lovely Bones is SOO good. Such an interesting way to tell a story...
Post a Comment