Friday, October 23, 2009

Happy Cancerversary to Me!

This hangs in my closet as a daily reminder to "kick ass!"

Cancerversary is a real term. It's a specific date or time a person uses to commemorate their cancer journey. It could be when a person finishes chemotherapy or radiation, or when a tumor was removed, or the date of their diagnosis. The beauty of it is: you choose.

My cancerversary is October 23. This is the day my surgeon removed a 4 cm tumor with clear margins from my left breast! Yes, I did chemotherapy and radiation following surgery - as insurance to kill any rouge cancer cells floating around in my body - but as far as I am concerned, I was cancer free on October 23, 2008.

So..Happy Cancerversary to me, Happy Cancerversary to me, Happy Cancerversary, dear Wendy, Happy Cancerversary to Me!


2 comments:

Lauren said...

So glad I found this blog. I was dx stage II at age 32 when my son was 21 months. Full time mom turned cancer patient is exactly what I am as well. Congrats on your cancerversary!!!!

Libbie said...

Praise God! That is so amazing! My heart was broken for you as I read your profile. I cannot imagine the roads you have traveled lately. Thank you for sharing your story...I look forward to following it.