Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Got Lids?


Yoplait has begun their annual "Save Lids to Save Lives" program in hopes of donating up to 1.5 million dollars to Susan G. Komen for the Cure. For every pink lid (yes, it has to be the pink one) received by December 31, 2009, the yogurt company will donate 10 cents. The money raised will support breast cancer research and community outreach programs across the country.

It's really simple: buy Yoplait yogurt (nearly all Yoplait products participate), collect the pink lids, wash them, and mail them to Yoplait.
I typically buy organic yogurt but after a little Googling found that Yoplait yogurt products are now made with milk from cows not treated with rBST/rBGH even though they don't label their yogurt products as such (read: too many legal disclaimers)!

Yoplait is celebrating its eleventh year of the "Save Lids to Save Lives" program. Not once in those eleven years have I saved and mailed a pink lid in (there's that karma thing again). I guess I thought it would be messy and I'd never get around to mailing them in. I think it's time for a change. I think I might even get myself a lid collection bin and start up a collection in my neighborhood!

So download a coupon from Yoplait and mail those lids in!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...thanks for educating me about rBST...I will now by organic milk products for my family...any suggestions on brands of milk & cheese?
Yvette :)

Wendy said...

Hi Yvette!
Thanks for reading! As for organic dairy: I really like Horizon or Organic Valley. Both are sold at Ralphs, Henry's, Mother's Market. Organic cheese is so expensive! But Henry's is pretty reasonable!