Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What's with the title of this blog?


So you might be asking what "Like My Baby" means or where it comes from. Well, it's from Lyle Lovett's 1989 song "Nobody Knows Me" featured on the "Lyle Lovett and His Large Band" album. I absolutely love the song but I didn't think "Nobody Knows Me" was a great title for this blog! Anyway, the song carries a load of memories for me as it was the first song my husband and I danced to at our 2001 wedding. Here's some of the lyrics: "I like cream in my coffee and I like to sleep late on Sundays and nobody knows me like my baby." It might sound familiar if you are a fan of the original "Beverly Hills, 90210." It played while Dylan McKay mourned the death of his bride Toni Marchette in the episode in which they were married. Sidenote: I am a huge fan of the original "90210" and I might reference the show often. Just be happy I didn't title this blog "Aliso Viejo, 92656!"

No comments: