Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Our Little Smarty Jones

Cancer is taking the day off today! Instead, I'm going to brag about our little smarty jones - as I like to call her.

I'm truly amazed with how much Audrey is saying these days. A parrot indeed. Which worries me a little bit since I listen to an uncensored daily podcast of my favorite triplets: Frosty, Heidi, and Frank. I certainly don't need her repeating the stuff they talk about on there! She already says enough things that sound like bad words anyway!

A few days ago I ordered a couple of DVD's designed for babies and toddlers (no, not "Your Baby Can Read") but ones that help ready small children for preschool. We got "Meet the Letters" and "Meet the Sight Words" by Preschool Prep Company. I threw on the letters one last night during dinner and couldn't believe how captivated Audrey was by it. I thought it was utterly boring and repetitious (but I cannot stand any kind of kid-type programs or cartoons - and this is why my daughter knows the theme song to Beverly Hills, 90210)! So, this morning I put it on again hoping to get a few minutes to prepare a healthy and nutritious breakfast (...or drink some coffee and thumb threw the newspaper) and couldn't believe my ears when Audrey yelled out "Y" when they showed the letter on the screen. I mean, she saw it one time before today.

I guess these DVD's really do work or my kid is just one baby genius!

No comments: